Looking to sell your home?
Useful information to guide your through the process
What is a REALTOR® and why should I use one?
Only real estate professionals who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) can call themselves REALTORS®. All REALTORS® adhere to NAR's strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. That's why all real estate licensees are NOT the same.
Dedicated to serving America's property owners at both local and national levels, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, The Voice for Real Estate®, is the largest professional association at over one million members strong. So, whether you're buying or selling a home - it pays to work with a REALTOR®. Look for the REALTOR® logo when choosing your real estate agent.
What a REALTOR® brings to the table
REALTORS® provide critical assistance with the home buying process. A REALTOR®:
- Has many resources to assist you in your home search.
- Can provide objective information about each property.
- Can help you negotiate.
- Can help you determine your buying power.
- Provides guidance during the evaluation of the property.
- Can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
Tips to sell your home
Your Home's Exterior Creates the Prospective Buyer's First Impression
Since the exterior of your home is the first thing a prospective buyers sees, a little time and effort can make a big difference in the impression your home creates - and pay big dividends when the sale is made. Use this checklist to make sure your home's exterior looks its best:
- Lawn is well cut and neatly trimmed around the walks and drive.
- Flower garden is weeded.
- Shrubs are trimmed and dead trees and branches are eliminated.
- All debris is disposed of and toys and lawn equipment are neatly stored.
- Fences and gates are repaired and repainted, if necessary.
- The roof, gutters and downspouts are in good repair.
- Cracked windows and torn screens are replaced. Screens, windows and window sills are washed
- Doorknobs are polished.
- Doorbell and front lights are in good working order.
If you would have planned to paint the house within the coming year, consider painting the house before showing it. A new paint job, well done, will normally enhance the sale value a good deal more than the cost of the paint.